Friday, December 30, 2011

Kindle Case

For my sister's birthday, she got a kindle touch. So My mom suggested i make her a case for it. I browsed the web looking for different styles of cases and finally decided my favorite was this case from the wonder forest. It was a little difficult because I had no materials (except a sewing machine of course) but as my mom's friend said, our families are pretty good at "whipping this up" so I just went to the store and bought a bunch of brown felt and then stopped by goodwill and bought a shirt with a cool pattern from the half off rack. I was in a hurry though and didnt think about getting an 100% cotton shirt, so the sewing ended up being a little tricky because of the stretch. But it turned out all right. Here are some pictures from my sewing adventure:



Supplies:
1. Felt. Lots of felt. I ended up using four pieces
2. A ruler or other measuring devise
3. Fabric
4. Other embellishments (I used felt stick on letters and spelled out my sister's initials on the front of the case
5. Stick on or sew velcro
6. Of course what project is complete without some music :)

























So there you have it, that was my big project, it took about four hours to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment