Thursday, December 1, 2011

Frost & Imperfect Prose

I've been reading different people's posts on 'Imperfect Prose,' but it was really Quinn's post that inspired me to write my own post.


First snow of the season!


I often find myself in the same position as Quinn does.
I feel different, like I'm weird compared to everyone else.
I feel like just because I actually like reading and writing and haven't seen all the cool movies since I only really watch disney movies, that all of that makes me different. I feel like I have to look, act, and speak a certain way to be cool or to fit in.
Nobody likes feeling different. Especially me.





I've learned though, by watching others, that everyone is different.
Society has set the standard high by making us think if we aren't pretty, skinny and popular, we are doing something wrong.
But the truth is, nobody is perfect. Even the popular girls have their quirks. Everyone has quirks.



One of my best friends is popular at her school, but some people think she's weird because she's so outgoing, isn't afraid to say how much she likes dragons and mythical creatures and likes to make a rukus in the movie theaters. Some people think that's weird, but that's why I like her.
I've had the most fun with her walking down the street barefoot, going on an adventure in the woods or singing in the dressing room. Most of the time, I wouldn't do cartwheels down the sidewalk or start singing in the dressing rooms or dancing in the street, because of what others would think of me. But when I'm with her, she helps me see that I shouldn't be afraid of what other people think.

I can see people give us weird looks, but I ignore them. They are just jealous because they aren't brave enough to do all the stuff we do. Life is too short not to have fun, right? I mean, who doens't want to go see the twilight movies just so they can laugh during the sad and awkward parts. Who doesn't want to climb up on the roof of the car to get all the snow that's piled up on top of it.



People can think what they want, but I would rather be me and have fun then be cool and bored all the time.
People can stereotype me all they want. In fact, they do. People stop talking to me, thinking I'm weird, once I tell them that I'm homeschooled, but do they get to sleep in till 10 every day? I think not.

So, folks, don't be afraid to be yourself. If people don't like you for who you are, then they are the ones missing out.
If you want to dance in the street, do it. (Just don't get hit by a car. And especially don't sue me if you do) Who cares if you get weird looks, you are the one having fun, not them. Don't stop just because of the weird looks.
I think we all need to learn that, even me.








This morning's frost:






1 comment:

  1. these are extraordinary photos. and i love who you are, friend. i'm so glad you linked up to imperfect.

    ReplyDelete